Life Sentence

Random thoughts about publishing, stamp collecting, politics, popular music of the 60s and 70s, mooses, and my motley other obsessions.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

OK, so welcome and all that

I've been toying for a while with several ideas for a blog, or something blogesque. My problem always seems to come down to focus. I flit from ideas and observations on publishing to stamp research to music stuff to political rants and so on and so on. I've decided, for now, to just keep it all in one place. So most of the people I tell about this blog are only going to be interested in a part of what's here. So be it.

The main focus, I think, will be book publishing, hence the name of the blog. I'm not sure whether publishing is in terminal decline or is just going through yet another transformation. I guess we'll watch and see. As often is the case, a bit from a Roy Harper song catches my current feeling about publishing perfectly:

The pumpkin coach and the rags approach
and the wind is devouring the ashes

I wonder if this blog will end up writing more about Harper or about books?

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, May 01, 2005, Blogger Lori said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Greg. Take heart — relatively few of the blogs I read are all that focused, and I like it that way. Keep it up!

 
At 12:06 AM, May 01, 2005, Blogger Greg said...

Compared to my life, this is really really focussed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home